Navigation : Forums > eSKUeL > [ 568584 ] Lost SQL-connection during dump

Pages : 1 Poster un nouveau sujet Ajouter un message
Auteur Message
ruserious

Posté le 13/06/2002 à 18:43:16 Message N°1 #
Hello there,

unfortunately I don't speak french, but I still hope you can help me. I also posted this on sourceforge, before I saw that you have a forum here.

I saw that there is already a topic about dumps but I didn't really understand what the issue was. In case it is important: the db-name has an underscore in its name, so it's 'blahblah_blah'.

My original post:

When trying to make a dump of my db (select all
tables, structure+data, drop table, transmit), after a
while I get the error message:
==============
Erreur MySQL :
Invalid SQL: SHOW CREATE TABLE `sessions`
Erreur MySQL numéro: 2013 (Lost connection to
MySQL server during query)
===============

Database is:
Record(s) : 159188
Size : 6 431,0 Ko

No problems when I dump single table (largest is about
2000ko). I also tried to make multiple dumps (split into
several files) but that would not work either. The
downloaded wouldn't work [IE saying sth. like :"site not
found,not available, try later] and nothing happened
when I clicked 'here'.

Any suggestions?

(PHP Version 4.1.1; MySQL v 3.23.48-log;
Apache1.3.23 )
Profil Citer
maverick

maverick

Posté le 13/06/2002 à 20:47:54 Message N°2 #
Severals questions come to my mind :
- Are you admin of this server ? Can you monitor the load of it ?
- Have you tried to split in smaller dump files ? (ie 10-15 files)

Posté le 13/06/2002 à 20:54:48 Message N°3 #
Hi,

What a large db you got !!

I think the problem comes from the number of your records.
You have tired to make a multiple dump, but what was the size of each dump ?

Could you just try to make a multiple dump again, but with a few queries per file ?
Perhaps your queries are to long, and your server cust the connection without ending them...

eSKUeL can auto recognize and insert multiple-dump, abuse of it !
=)

Could you tell us if it has worked, or not ?
Profil Citer
ruserious

Posté le 14/06/2002 à 00:11:57 Message N°4 #
First of all, now that I had more time to play around with it, I must say you have done great work! I really like your script a lot. It will only be a matter of time until I throw phpmyadmin of my harddisk. ;-) Thank you.
Also fast responding/support is definitely the way to go. :-)

Back to my problem: I have a small website with a forum (phpbb2) with a few thousands posts, so thats where the DB is from.
I have installed eSKUeL locally on my own machine (not where the site is hosted).
I tried everything with my local mySQL installation (that's only for testing purposes) and everything worked without problems =D

Then I tried again (as above) with the SQL-DB of my hoster. I splitted the dump with 35.000 querys/file and at first it seemed not to work, meaning, as I described above, the download seemed to die (rather quick), then I "right-click->save as" ed the file and it worked (*hooray*). This behaviour is absolutely reproducable, the download will start when the popup is opened, but before it prompts me where to save the file, it dies. Although I can still manually save the file from the link. ?:]

To answer your questions, I am not admin of the server and I have no way to monitor the load. I know this probably doesn't help a lot and I'm sorry if it sounds too edgy, but with phpmyadmin it works. :-)

[QUOTE]eSKUeL can auto recognize and insert multiple-dump, abuse of it ![/QUOTE]
Hey, that is good to know! Nice feature :-)

BTW.: As size is always a matter( ;-)): I compared a phpmyadmin-dump and a eSKUeL-dump, and eSKUeL was slightly larger (11,3 MB vs. 12M B). So I looked in the file and found out that are using >'< a lot, phpmyadmin isn't at all. Is that for compatibility or such a reason? If its not necessary, I would be better without it IMHO...

Again, thank you for your fast response and the great script. :-)
Profil Citer
maverick

maverick

Posté le 14/06/2002 à 08:24:08 Message N°5 #
Thanks for your answer...
We will try to search for this bug and to throw it away from our code !

To answer your question about the size, we already have a bugreport (here : http://www.phptools4u.com/bugreport/listing.php?viewid=29&lang=english)
that says that, as we automatically put backtics (`) it's not possible to take a MySQL 3.23 dump to put it on a 3.22.
So, in eSKUeL 1.1.0, we've decided that we will the user the choice of the backticks.

Navigation : Forums > eSKUeL > [ 568584 ] Lost SQL-connection during dump

Pages : 1 Poster un nouveau sujet Ajouter un message

Se rendre directement sur le forum :