Navigation : Forums > Suggestions > Suggestions pour eSKUeL

Pages : < 1 2 Poster un nouveau sujet Ajouter un message
Auteur Message
maverick

maverick

Posté le 13/06/2002 à 11:16:30 Message N°11 #
moi y'en a pas tout comprendre =D

Posté le 13/06/2002 à 20:54:28 Message N°12 #
Very well, I will try in english this time...I just wasn't sure and didn't want to be an arrogant American who assumed that everyone speaks English. Anyway, glad to see that someone around here is smart enough to speak two languages.

Okay, here is what I was suggesting:

1. Login page, instead of htaccess. I realize that your plans for the moment were only htaccess, but it would be a nice little touch for a great program to have one. I just announced to the phpBB community about eskuel because I was so impressed, so your hits should go up, as well as the number of people willing to help.

2. One request I always had of phpmyadmin that they never filled was to have a "view filter" of databases and tables. Sometimes I user my have access to over 100 tables in a database when he/she has it open, but is only really working with two. It would be nice if you could have a little box that says "Filter" and you could just type in something like phpBB_ and the page would just load with

SELECT TABLES FROM mydatabase LIKE '%$filter%'

Hope that makes sense.

3. A big textarea. What do I mean by this. Okay, assume you are entering data into a row and one of the fields is a TEXT field and you need to type in a large amount of text. It would be nice to have a button to press to open up a new window with just a BIG textarea, so you can type and see it all...then you click close and it passes it down to the field on the page....the same can go for viewing a big area. phpmyadmin has it so you can either collapse fields to a limited length or expand them all. This is useful, but most of the time you just want to see all the TEXT in a single field. So it would be cool to just click on it and it would select all the text and show it in a new window, which would just have a close button on it.

Anyway, with those three things you wouldn't here a peep from me again... B)

maverick

Posté le 13/06/2002 à 21:40:42 Message N°13 #
English is welcome here... The only thing that's important is to be understood =D
So, let's review what you want :

1 - Login page.
User authentification will be one of the main changes in eSKUeL 1.1.0. We will do as much as possible (as always :P) to improve it and fulfill your request.

2 - Tables filter
It should be a nice feature... Anyway, if someone wants it, and if we can include it, we will do our best to do it

3 - It would be great, but I see some problems with this method... Passing huge amount of data between windows is not as easy as it seems...

Beyond those considerations, we will try to implement it, but we can assure a date of a result... It will depend on our evolution in the release :-)

Mathieu

Profil Citer
mojavelinux

Posté le 14/06/2002 à 01:30:05 Message N°14 #
You guys rock! When time permits, I might be able to help with some patches down the road...again, however life evolves for me.

Thanks a million for what you have done already. I wish you great success!
Profil Citer
loranger

Posté le 14/06/2002 à 13:15:50 Message N°15 #
yes, we wish too !
:P
Profil Citer

Navigation : Forums > Suggestions > Suggestions pour eSKUeL

Pages : < 1 2 Poster un nouveau sujet Ajouter un message

Se rendre directement sur le forum :